Phd Candidate at National Technical University of Athens [full CV]
Research and interests
- Computatioanal Mechanics
- Analysis and design of composite materials
- Fracture Mechanics
- Extended Finite Element Method (XFEM)
- High Performance Computing
- Domain Decomposition Methods
- Topology Optimization
- Ph.D. Candidate in Computational Mechanics, NTUA – School of Civil Engineering, Greece.
- M.Sc. Analysis and Design of Structures, NTUA – School of Civil Engineering, Greece.
- M. Eng. Civil Engineering, NTUA – School of Civil Engineering, Greece.
Papers in Scientific Journals
- S. Bakalakos, I. Kalogeris, V. Papadopoulos, M. Papadrakakis, P. Maroulas, D.A. Dragatogiannis, C.A. Charitidis, An integrated XFEM modeling with experimental measurements for optimizing thermal conductivity in carbon nanotube reinforced polyethylene, Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 2022
- S. Bakalakos, I. Kalogeris, V. Papadopoulos, An extended finite element method formulation for modeling multi-phase boundary interactions in steady state heat conduction problems, Composite Structures, vol. 258, 2021
Publications in Conference Proceedings
- S. Bakalakos, M. Georgioudakis, M. Papadrakakis, Domain Decomposition Methods for Crack Growth Problems Using XFEM, 7th International Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (COMPDYN), Crete, Greece, 24-26 June 2019
- I. Kalogeris, S. Pyrialakos, S. Bakalakos, O. Kokkinos, V. Papadopoulos, Machine learning-assisted stochastic optimization of structures comprised of nano-reinforced concrete, International Congress on Computational Mechanics organized by the Greek Association of Computational Mechanics, 10th GRACM, Virtual Congress, 5-7 July 2021
- S. Bakalakos, M. Georgioudakis, M. Papadrakakis, “A study on solution algorithms for crackgrowth problems using XFEM” , 9th GRACM International Congress on Computational Mechanics, Chania Crete, Greece, 4-6 June 2018